Ambulatory Infusion Center
The Ambulatory Infusion Center (AIC) is dedicated to providing comprehensive, high-tech, and easily accessible health care to adults and adolescents in need of a variety of infusion therapies. We offer convenient service to help you get better, faster.
The AIC is staffed by experienced and highly skilled infusion nurses who are required to maintain their skills through competency based education and quality monitoring. Our nurses are certified in Ultrasound Guided PICC Line Placement. Moreover, our excellent nurse-to-patient ratio ensures each patient receives plenty of one-on-one attention.
While you’re with us, we want to make you as comfortable as possible. Our Center is equipped with comfortable, ergonomic chairs complete with individual TV’s to make your time with us more enjoyable. If you get hungry, we have snacks, soda, and coffee available. With our minimal wait times we don’t waste your time, so you can get back to your life feeling better, faster.
Treatment Options for Patients
- Treatment at the AIC facility.
- At-Home Therapy- we will provide education on how to self-administer therapy.
- Coordination of care with outside home nursing agency and we will deliver the infusion drug to your home.
- Insertion, flushing, care and removal of PICC lines, midlines and peripheral lines
- Central line care and management
- Caring for implanted ports
- Operation of portable infusion pumps
- Infusion therapy supplies and equipment support
- Patient, family, and caregiver education
- Tracking and monitoring patient lab work
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long will my infusion take?
Infusions in our center can take anywhere between 30 minutes to 7 hours. It depends on the drug and the dosage you are prescribed. No matter how long you are with us, we attempt to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
What kind of reactions can I expect from this medication?
This varies from drug to drug, and sometimes even patient to patient. If you are concerned about possible drug side effects, do not hesitate to ask the trained infusion nurse assisting you.
How long before I will notice any improvement in my symptoms?
This depends on the drug, dosage, and severity of your condition. Your trained infusion nurse will be able to answer your specific questions.
If you would like to learn more about the AIC or schedule an appointment, please call 219-934-2425.